Friday, January 8, 2010

The Hunt: Shopping for the Perfect Wedding Dress - Part I


Tomorrow, it begins – the quest to find the perfect dress.

While I’ve learned that not ALL little girls have dreamed of this day since they could barely utter the word “wedding” (let alone understand its meaning)…that doesn’t mean that I should be ashamed of the fact that I absolutely have. {Those who know me well are smiling, rolling their eyes, and undoubtedly shaking their heads in agreement}.

While the last few weeks have been largely characterized by booking a church, a reception site, a photographer, and a band, tomorrow is my first look at what will likely be the most memorable dress I ever put on. In many ways it is the first step in establishing the tone, the style, and the décor of the event…the pressure. is. on.

I’ll be spending the day with my mom and my sister (the Maid of Honor (“MOH”)). I have an early hair appointment and then I’ll be sampling gowns from three bridal shops (phew!)

It goes without saying that I’m excited; but, along with the excitement comes a little bit of nervousness, though I can’t quite place why. That said, I’ve heard that once the ball gets rolling and you start trying on a few dresses it quickly becomes incredibly fun (eek!). In truth, I cannot wait.

Though I’m nearly certain I won’t come away having found “the one” – it will be a great introduction to what’s out there.

I’ll be sure to report back (though not in any terrible amount of detail seeing as ODH is a regular reader of this very blog and clearly cannot be privy to any information regarding final dress decisions).

Wish me luck!

And have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment