Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!


I know, I know. I’ve been neglecting my duties as a faithful blogger. My sincerest apologies. I’ll do better, I promise.

Truth be told, I’ve simply not had much to say (a first, I can assure you). Nevertheless, I thought it best to touch base with all of you out there on the blogosphere.

How are you? If you’re an inhabitant of the northeastern United States, the answer is, most likely, wet and fed up with this weather. I mean really? What happened to the good old days – the time when June meant gorgeous sunny weather and the wind down of classes? Apparently, someone left the faucet running.

Now, I promise this blog has not been reduced to “talking about the weather”, but someone had to say something, because COME. ON. ALREADY!

{Consider my angry, soggy rant complete.}

In other news, I took my first trip of the season to the Shore. The ManBoy and I drove down last Saturday (his first experience at my Shore house) and spent the weekend with my family. Lots of relaxing, not a lot of sun. On Sunday, after having snuck in a few minutes of boat cruising around the bay, we returned home with the feeling that summer really had arrived (though with no tan to show for it). My summer is usually spent anxiously awaiting Friday afternoon, hopping into my car after work, blasting some country music, and heading down to the Jersey Shore for the weekend (most of the time you can add sitting in traffic to that equation, but that ruins the poetic nature of the image, so we’ll leave it out for now).

As I stare out my office window at the grey, drenched landscape (thinking about my thwarted plans of enjoying Happy Hour at the Boat Basin) I am reminded that sunny skies are just around the corner (they have to be, this can’t go on forever, can it? Is someone building an ark and I didn’t hear about it?) If I close my eyes, for just a moment (because that would look incredibly strange to anyone on the trading floor who notices), I can envision myself relaxing on the beach – “…the sun and the sand, and a drink in my hand…” and I know it’s closer than it feels all the way out here in Connecticut.

So, until things dry up, splash in the puddles, dance in the rain, and soak it up….there are so many great things to look forward to this summer – and I’m fairly certain, the sun won’t want to miss out on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment