Tuesday, October 27, 2009

To-Boo or Not To-Boo: A Halloween Question

It’s that time of year again…

Sephora is packed to the gills with people buying neon eye shadow. Lingerie stores are selling out. And Ricky’s has a line around the block…

Not in these parts, though – we’re headed out of town.

Every year, the final days of October bring on the frantic scramble to make this year’s All Hallows’ Eve better than the last. And, I would venture to guess, that each year results in complete and utter failure {not unlike New Year’s Eve – but that is a rant for another day}.

I’ll admit, I’ve had my fair share of impressive hauntings – I donned a set of air soft guns, black boots, and a braid, and made a mean Lara Croft in college (see above). As a child, I was the Pillsbury Dough Boy; Madeline; and a Mermaid amongst other impressive get ups.

This year, however, I’ll be entering into a new (and boring) place (without a costume) – adulthood. The ManBoy, a staunch opponent to the holiday, has decreed this weekend a costumeless affair. {I know, right? Don’t even start}.

We’re headed down to DC to visit friends and family members and will be leaving the costumes behind. (OK – that’s not entirely true; I’m sneaking a few into my suitcase as options, just in case).

However, as we prepare for this weekend, I can’t help but ask myself (and the blogosphere, of course) at what age does it become inappropriate to actively participate in Halloween (in other ways than simply handing out candy to other peoples’ children – a strange and dangerous tradition when considered)?

Would love to hear your thoughts…

Just For Fun:
Heidi Klum apparently thinks there is no age limit….

Nevertheless, regardless of how you choose to enjoy this weekend – use this opportunity to stock up on plenty of goodies!

Perhaps I can convince the ManBoy to celebrate with me by watching a few old favorites…Practical Magic and Hocus Pocus to start - SJP circa 1993, you can' t go wrong (whatever, I’m a girl and not a huge fan of scary movies…lay off).





Happy Halloween!




BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment