Friday, May 10, 2013

The Next Chapter

I know, you're right, it has been months since I put pen to paper (or in this case fingers to a keyboard) to share my musings.

First things first, Happy New Year! My my so much has happened since last we spoke! (In case you thought that nothing had happened, which may be why I wasn't writing...no, it was quite the contrary).

We spent Christmas in New Jersey and Colorado, Hubs began the arduous process of interviewing for summer internships in January, we took a few trips, we bought a new car, I celebrated my 27th birthday, and a whole new chapter of life began, which has more or less taken us up to this point. I know, a lot - and those are just the high notes.

Skipping right along to the good stuff (i.e. the new chapter stuff), Hubs and I found out on Saturday, February 9th that we are becoming parents! That's right - Baby Bassett #1 is on the way!






I can't begin to explain just how exciting that moment was. Together, Hubs and I waited out the three long minutes to see the results (and of course we were singing "Two Pink Lines" by Eric Church while we waited). There was a flood of emotion, and I'm pretty sure I squealed, as we saw those two lines and I wrapped my arms around my sweet husband and we just basked in God's goodness.

We spent the next few hours sharing our great news with a select few (parents, siblings and other close family). We even got my In-Laws on video chat if you can believe it!

A week later, over Valentine's Day, we skipped town and headed out to Colorado to meet up with my parents. We spent a lovely long weekend just relaxing in the mountains (and in my case, nursing exhaustion and a headache).

Here is a shot of us in Colorado right before we called Tim's grandma to tell her the news. As well as a picture of the baby blanket my parents bought for Baby B!








For the next few weeks, we anxiously awaited our first doctor's appointment, while I took the opportunity to nap on the couch as often as possible - making a baby is seriously exhausting!!! At our first appointment on March 4th, we practically had to pinch ourselves to believe it was really happening!

We got to see the first picture of our Little One and even saw the flicker of his/her heartbeat, which clocked in at a whopping 152 beats per minute! What a trip! The baby measured in at 1.36 cm and they established my estimated due date to be October 16th!


After the 8 week appointment, and all the great information we had received from the doctor, we started to feel more comfortable sharing the news with a few close friends. We even made a special trip up to New York to tell some of them in person, which was pretty special!

We also picked out some sweet new wheels for this Mama-2-B! Take a look at our new Infiniti JX - fresh off the line! I love it! It is such a great (stylish) mom car!




By the time my birthday rolled around on March 21st, most of our friends, family and co-workers were clued in. We have been humbled and touched by just how excited those around us are about our great news! And to top it all off, I didn't even feel guilty indulging in my delicious coconut cupcake to celebrate my 27 years!









Just shortly after my birthday, Hubs and I departed for our week-long Babymoon in Puerto Rico!
My nausea and exhaustion had subsided to the point where I could truly enjoy myself and it was so special to be away on what will probably be our last long vacation with just the two of us!

Given the busy week, we were surrounded by tons of families with little ones and got a glimpse of what our future would look like...in a great way! Here are a few teaser shots of the trip!

At the airport for our 5:20 AM flight.

Our enormous suite and the beautiful view at the St. Regis Bahia Beach.

Having fun in the sun.



Our last night, after dinner at BLT Steak at The Ritz-Carlton.




If you can't tell, we love vacationing together!

When we returned home, it was smooth sailing right into the start of my second trimester!

I know that was a lot to catch up on, but it has been a lot to digest for us! We are feeling particularly blessed these days and each day, we learn something new about the baby. The journey toward parenthood is already off to an amazing start!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment