Friday, August 7, 2009

Lovers' Getaway...Right Here at Home

I know, I know…I’m just asking to be ridiculed by the boys, but I don’t care. So ha! (Crosses arms and storms off…….no?)

Anyway, a long awaited New York City weekend is upon us! We’ve been traveling every weekend and are finally committing to staying put in the Big Apple.

Though summertime, in my book, conjures images of beaches, boats, and bathing suits, I realized I’ve not experienced a summer city weekend…there’s so much to do in this great town of ours, and frankly, I’ve been missing out.

So this weekend the ManBoy and I are making up for lost time. We’ll go to happy hour, sleep in, do brunch, have date night, go to church, take a walk in the park, and hang out at the Boat Basin. I. CANNOT. WAIT.

I must admit, I just can’t get enough of that (man)boy. I see him every day and yet, the hours we spend apart make me miss him more and more by the second. I sit at work and think about how excited I am to see him later. {Ok, vom, I know…but I mean it} I suppose that’s what they meant when they said “that’s how it’s supposed to be”.

The last few weeks seem to have gotten away from us; we’ve cancelled dinner dates, changed plans, and gotten caught up in our work. But, all that melts away when the love of your life says, “baby, I’m taking you to dinner this weekend”. Instant smiles.

So my advice to you this weekend is catch up with that special someone who may be there every day, but whom you feel you haven’t seen in ages…take time to remind them how much you love just spending time with them, no matter what the occasion.

Enjoy the weekend all!


Now…what to wear….






No comments:

Post a Comment