Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Estimated Departure Time: 7:30pm


Finally…our long awaited trip to Ireland is upon us! We depart this evening for Dublin, Ireland at 7:30pm.

To catch you up, a few months ago, for the ManBoy’s birthday, I purchased a vacation package for us to spend 5 days in Dublin. The ManBoy, having a love for all things Irish, could not have been more excited.

I must note here that the initial plan was to keep the destination of the trip a secret until our arrival at the airport this evening. But, if I’m being honest, I just can’t keep a secret like that... Thus, much to the chagrin of my fellow schemers, the ManBoy is well aware that we’ll be spending the next few days knee deep in stout! Be jealous.

Despite the forecast predicting a quintessentially Irish rainy 5 days, I cannot begin to describe how excited I am! Last night, true to form, I was up to the wee hours of the night, packing and planning my outfits, unpacking and repacking, weighing my bag, and checking off my alarmingly detailed To-Do-List. I’m pretty sure I’ve got everything now…and then some. I’m also fairly certain I’ve asked the ManBoy if he remembered his passport about 35 times. I’m an overzealous obsessive compulsive planner, what do you want from me?

Thus far, we have a few fun activities planned. Having studied abroad at Trinity College, the ManBoy has a few friends who live in Dublin, so of course we’ll be spending time catching up with them. We are planning on renting a car to drive to the Giants Causeway on Friday, and will take part in the Festival of World Cultures on Saturday and Sunday in Dun Laoghaire, near our hotel.

I will report back with stories and photos and promise to indulge in my fair share of Guinness! (Confession: I’m actually not a huge fan of Guinness, but I am painfully aware of the unending mockery that is bound to ensue should I return home having not consumed a pint or two).

All in all, I’m looking forward to a few days away with the ManBoy. It will be a unique opportunity for him to share with me a place that means so much to him and I cannot wait to see it through his Irish eyes.

Wish us well! Slán agaibh!

No comments:

Post a Comment